cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM visit measure - visit count vs action count

skung
Organizer

I did 2 charts of measure of UEM Visits, one is "Visit Count" the other is "Action Count". The chart time frame is yesterday. It seems both having same trending data. What will "Action Count" will provide?

7 REPLIES 7

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Action count is the number of Actions the Visits did on your app. What is an action, e.g: loading a page, clicking a link, ...

So - the more Visitors you have on your system the more actions you will have - thats why these two measurs will correlate

skung
Organizer

UEM action and visit count.xls

Please see attachment. 2 hours from yesterday. Action count is less than visit count. Based on your notes, I expected to see more action count than visit count

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I see.

So - the "User Action Count" is the measure I was talking about. This shows the total amount of UserActions executed, e.g: 11906 at 09:00 which were executed by 250 Visits in the same time. This means that you had an average of 47 User Actions / Visitor

The "Action Count" would give you the number of Actions per Visitor - so basically the number I just calculated. But - you need to chart e.g: "Sum" and not "Count". The Count aggregation in this case will just show you the number of Visits because we calculate that measure for every Visit so count reflects how many Visits were included to calculate that value.

Hope this helps

skung
Organizer

It's much clear. It would be nice if these could be documented. One more question, if I presented this dashboard, how should I explain the relationship between action count and user action count? I believe they are related each each.

Hi Sharyl,
I amended User Actions in Visits:
"Number of User Actions executed, grouped by visitor or client type... Typically several user actions per visit(or), like the ones listed in below. (click on Login, Search, Book Now, Next,...)"

Need to check tomorrow what else I need to do. (aggregation,...)
Cheers
G.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Will forward this to the doc team

As for explaining: Total User Action Count tells you how many pages are hit in total - that obviously correaltes with your visits. But - knowing the number of pages (=User Actions) a single visit executs is also very interesting. If you for instance see this number increase or drop drastrically you know that the user behavior changed, e.g: they leave your app faster than before -> you may have a problem on your app and users are abandoning it

you have more user actions -> either your app changed and users need more steps or maybe you have some "bots" crawling through your site

Andi

skung
Organizer

Thank you. It's very helpful.