cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEM visits volume License

ramiz_syed
Newcomer

Hi

why do we need to purchase/have UEM visits volume license besides having purchased license for agents. sorry for asking a foolish question if it may sound like but I am fairly new in DT world.

Thanks

Ramiz

6 REPLIES 6

roman_spitzbart
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

That's just the way our licensing model works - we believe that the insight that UEM gives you into you end user behavior & performance is valuable so we decided to not give it away for free with the server agents but charge for it separately.

ramiz_syed
Newcomer

Thanks Roman for your answer.. may be I should have asked about the UEM itself then its licensing model.. 🙂 is it nice to have UEM visit volume license or its must required for certain type of traffic or agents to work properly (give more detailed analysis)?

roman_spitzbart
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Ah, ok. You only need that license if you have a web-based application and want to use the auto-injected JavaScript agent for user experience management. If you focus on the server-side data only or have an application that is not used through a JavaScript-capable browser then you don't need it.

ramiz_syed
Newcomer

Thanks Roman.. that answers my question..

cheers

Ramiz

ron_fitzpatrick
Participant

Yes - valuable insight, but cost prohibitive - especially if you have a lot of traffic. Dynatrace should just license the tool and let the clients worry about the volume. It assumes a large site with lots of visits is a commercial venture and they want a piece of that pie. (not always the case) Would much prefer to see a model where you buy the product and can use it. The agents themselves are reasonably expensive. It really has me reconsidering any further investment in Dynatrace.

I can only recommend that if you consider further investment in Dynatrace you discuss this topic with you account executive. They will be happy to work with you to find a solution that matches your situation.