cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect Dynatrace 6.3 Agent to AR Server(s) on Remedy 9.1 SP2

christopher_j_w
Newcomer

All,

I need to be able to connect Dynatrace to our Remedy 9.1 SP2 AR servers to monitor AR server performance. Our AR servers are running on Windows Server 2012 R2 with Dynatrace 6.3 agent installed. When Dynatrace is configured to connect to the AR servers, AR server either doesn't startup or crashes immediately (java process crash). The following configuration changes were implemented to connect the Dynatrace agent to Remedy:

ARMonitor.cfg:

"E:\Java\jre\bin\java" -agentpath:E:\dynaTrace\DynatraceAgent6.3\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll=name=xxxx,server=xxxx:9998

ARServer.config:

jvm.option.28=-agentpath:E:\dynaTrace\DynatraceAgent6.3\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll=name=xxxx,server=xxxx:9998

Has anyone been able to get this setup?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Chris Wilson

6 REPLIES 6

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Anything in the Dynatrace Agent Logs? Or anything in the logs of AR? Or anything in the windows event logs as you are running on windows that would indicate why there is a problem?

Also - just to be sure: you are loading the 64bit Dynatrace Java Agent. I assume your JVM for AR is really a 64bit JVM. I assume it is - but - thought I double check. In case you are running a 32bit JVM you need to load the Dynatrace Agent from /lib/dtagent instead of /lib64/dtagent

andi

christopher_j_w
Newcomer

Andreas,

We are using the 32-bit Dynatrace agent. Our Remedy installation and JVM are 64-bit. How do I configure the Dynatrace agent to load /lib64/dtagent for 64-bit? Do I need to download the 64-bit Dynatrace agent?

Chris

Check the dynatrace home directory and see if the 64 bit agent files are also included, you may just need to update the agent path to point to those. By changing the agentpath to point to the point at that /lib64/ directory you'll be telling it to load that bitness agent.

agentpath:/<dthome>/dynatrace/agent/lib/libdtagent.so

would change to

-agentpath:/<dthome>/dynatrace/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so

If that lib directory isn't present with the 64 bit agent you can download it here:

https://downloads.dynatrace.com/downloads/download.aspx?p=DT

christopher_j_w
Newcomer

James,

The 64-bit Dynatrace agent files are present and our agent paths are already configured to point to the them. Any benefit to installing the 64-bit agent? The current 32-bit version crashes Remedy on startup even though the agent is configured to point to the 64-bit agent files.

Chris

As far as I know the agent would be the same but it may be worth a shot. It's also possible that the configuration isn't in the correct spot, check out this post if it helps: https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/105989/bmc-remedy-ars.html?page=2&pageSize=10&sort=votes there's some discussion in the comments that may help. I'd recommend checking with support if you can't resolve it.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi. Just an FYI on this. You always have to load the correct agent for the JVMs bitness. So - a 32bit Agent has to be loaded into a 32bit JVM and a 64bit Agent has to be loaded into a 64bit JVM. If you try to load the wrong agent into a JVM that has a different bitness the JVM wont start as it cant load that dll.

Other than that the agents are identical. We just deliver them in both "bitness versions" so that you can load it into a 32 and a 64bit JVM

Andi