cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Email incident alerts for all the host servers.

mehte
Participant

I am receiving email alert for particular incident for 1 out of 4 host servers. Although I am able to see incidents for all the 4 host servers in the incident dashboard but not receiving email alerts for the other three. Could anyone please suggest why is it so?

8 REPLIES 8

pahofmann
Champion

Check the host groups in the server settings under infrastructure. Maybe the hosts have different groups and only one has an e-mail alert group assigned.

mehte
Participant

I checked but nothing is there. @Patrick H.

What specific incident are you talking about? Is it infrasturcture level?

@Patrick H.

It is not for Infrastructural level. I want incident alert for Hung Thread. Out of 4 host servers, it is coming from just 1.

Could you post a chart of the measures being used in the incident during when you think they should be violating the threshold? Additionally any of the incident configuration (e.g. aggregations, measure details, and timeframe) would be required to look into this.

@James K.

Here attached screenshots for Measure and Incident configuration,incident-actions.jpgincident-conditions.jpgmeasure.jpg

Alexander_R_
Advisor

May be the reason is "smart alerting".

Are these hosts in one incident? Or you have 4 incidents for each host?

Similar problem was here: https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/96058/smar...

Turn smart alerting off (in Incident Rule Properties) if you need to receive the letter for each starting of incident.

Regards,

Alexander

mehte
Participant
@Alexander R.

Smart alerting is off.