cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select agent group for measure

paul_hammer
Participant

I have some measures I created on 5.6 that monitored only a specific agent group within a profile. Now on 6.1, I am trying to create similar measures, and it appears as though the option to select an agent group is gone or has perhaps been moved?

In the above pic, you can see there is a specific agent group selected(again, this was created in 5.6, but is now 6.1). I believe this used to be set in the details tab of the measure. When I go to that tab now, there is no option to select specific agents or agent groups

I cannot see where it was set in the existing measure, nor do I see where it can be set if I create a new measure from scratch. Can anyone point me to where this can be set?

3 REPLIES 3

SantiPalacios
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello Paul,

The key word here is "Host Metric". I noticed you are trying to chose and agent group based on a "host metric" and dynaTrace cannot do it by specific agent group if it is for DISK, CPU, MEM or DISK. In dynaTrace 6.1 they have removed that part on the details so you don't get confused.

Please refer to this RFE Enhancement - Agent Group Calculation to Host Performance Metrics and vote up. Perhaps dynaTrace will add this feature in future releases.

Hope this helps,

Santiago

paul_hammer
Participant

Hi Santiago,

So that means the existing measure in the screenshot above isn't actually doing what its configured to do?

SantiPalacios
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Paul,

The screenshot doesn't provide much detail, but what this measure will do, is take all agents from that system profile and give you CPU Utilization %

Thanks,

Santiago