cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Unable to view DT Server and Frontend instances under Infrastucture dashlet

ashutosh_singh1
Organizer

Hi Team,

I am unable to view my own DT server & front-end health under Infrastructure dashlet. But when i have plotted same metrics(CPU, Memory, GC) on chart, it's populated, Means it has connected to Perf Warehouse and also data is stored related to self monitoring.

Could you please let me know, what can be possible reason for this and How to solve it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

11 REPLIES 11

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ashutosh,

If you are not able to see like the below screenshot then you can try to add your DynaTrace Server in the infrastructure.

Go the server settings > select the infrastructure from the left side > click create on the host tab and follow the second screenshot to fill the information.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for response...!!

DT server is already added in infrastructure host, I think by default DT server comes under that.

But I am not able to see under infrastructure dashlet in status overview.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ashutosh,

This is really strange.

Can you see in inside the infrastructure >> host tab like below screenshot?

Regards,

Babar

I have attached screenshot for same, Please check.

Hello Ashutosh,

What I am suspecting that the DNS is not resolving and you can see only the IP address.

I guess we can only see the host name / DNS on the infrastructure dashlet.

Is your DynaTrace APM server has a FQDN?

Regards,

Babar

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Ashutosh,

Is this your personal local Dynatrace server? If so, what size is the server set to? If it is set to Demo, I believe the Self Monitoring data will not be available.

Thanks,

-Cody

Hello Cody,

I just changed my personal license settings from "Small" to "Demo" to verify the behavior but I am able to see the DynaTrace server in the dashlet.

I am not 100% sure but something is with the hostname/DNS/IP Address. If the host name is in the infrastructure instead of IP Address then the server will be available in the dashlet.

Regards,

Babar

ashutosh_singh1
Organizer

Hi Cody,

This is not my personal dynatrace server, Its dynatrace x-large production server environment. I have two production DT server, in one its coming and in other one its not.

Please let me know possible solution to solve it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ashutosh,

When you check the infrastructure from the server settings.

What is different between both DynaTrace Servers?

Regards,

Babar

ashutosh_singh1
Organizer

Hi Babar,

When you check the infrastructure from the server settings?.- Sorry i didn't get exactly what are you trying to ask.

What is different between both DynaTrace Servers?- I didn't able to see any major changes between both servers.

I have attached both screenshot, Please take a look.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ashutosh,

Basically I wanted to know the hosts are configured with the IP address or the host name because in your first screenshot for the "dcqkdtsappprw1" I have seen the IP address but in your new screenshots both hosts have host names as an address.

Let's see if anyone else can give us a bit more information about this situation.

Regards,

Babar