cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Unix System Monitoring Issue

suresh_valivar1
Newcomer

I am getting below error while setting up Unix Monitoring on Solaris 11.3. Did anyone came across similar issue? Please help me to solve this issue.

java.io.IOException - Authentication failed.
java.io.IOException: Authentication failed.
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.vmstat.connection.SSHConnectionMethod.connect(SSHConnectionMethod.java:102)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.vmstat.connection.SSHConnectionMethod.setup(SSHConnectionMethod.java:123)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.vmstat.connection.SSHConnectionMethod.setup(SSHConnectionMethod.java:114)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.vmstat.VmstatMonitor.configureConnectionMethod(VmstatMonitor.java:263)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.vmstat.VmstatMonitor.doSetup(VmstatMonitor.java:161)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.vmstat.VmstatMonitor.setup(VmstatMonitor.java:138)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.UserPluginManager.a(SourceFile:638)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.UserPluginManager.b(SourceFile:434)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.UserPluginManager.executePlugin(SourceFile:274)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.MonitorPluginExecutor.execute(SourceFile:50)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.MonitorPluginExecutor.execute(SourceFile:26)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.ServerJobCenterRegistry.a(SourceFile:190)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.ServerJobCenterRegistry.a(SourceFile:413)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.ServerJobCenterRegistry.execute(SourceFile:337)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.SchedulerJob.a(SourceFile:101)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.SchedulerJob.work(SourceFile:92)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.SchedulerJob.executeJobInfo(SourceFile:241)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.QuartzJob.execute(SourceFile:45)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.schedule.QuartzThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SourceFile:788)

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hm, it looks like it's just failing to authenticate when it tries to SSH into the host the monitor is running against. Can you try manually logging into that host with those credentials to see if you can?

James

suresh_valivar1
Newcomer

I am able to login manually via ssh with out any issue , for the same user i am getting authentication failed Error when Ran (systemprofile\monitor\RightClick\RunNow)after providing user name, password and port number.

If the credentials are correct it could be a permissions issue or some other configuration on that particular server. I see some tickets where they had to look into things like that. If you don't get any solution here this is a Dynatrace supported plugin so you would be able to open a support case if necesary.

suresh_valivar1
Newcomer

Similar way i was able to monitor on linux machine with out any issue

rakesh_ksingh2
Newcomer

Hi,

I was using Unix system monitoring but suddenly it stopped working with error Internal Server error occurred".. Any idea...?? about this..