cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Upgrade AppMon Following DevOps Best Practices

matt_lewis
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hey Community,

Just had a question from a client here. As an organization they are moving towards DevOps, and they would like to upgrade their 6.3 instance to 6.5+ following DevOps best practices, ie: using chef, spin up new server with 6.5, migrate from 6.3 over to 6.5.

So my question is: can we have a fresh install of 6.5 on a separate server than the 6.3 instance we want to migrate from, and can we use the dtMigration tool between the two distinct servers?

Otherwise, are there any recommendations for upgrading AppMon in keeping with DevOps best practices?

Thanks,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I'll have limited access to the mail and phone till Deceember 13th, I'll reply you as soon as possible.

Je suis en client avec accès limité au courrier et au téléphone jusqu’au 13 Demcembre. Je vous répondrai le plus tôt possible.

Tendré acceso limitado al correo y al teléfono hasta el 13 de Diciembre. Responderé a sus correos lo más pronto que me sea posible

thomasK
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Matt,

you can use the migration tool and the migration archive that it creates to move configuration data from one server to another. Also from Windows to Linux. This is supported and should not be different from a normal upgrade.

Be sure to follow the upgrade and migration guide: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

And keep in mind that you need to manage sessions storage yourself (move or unmount and mount sessions storage for instance).

Be sure to also use the latest version of the migration tool.

Regards, Thomas

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for the confirmation, the client will be happy to hear this news!

Thanks,

Matt

Critical is that you always use the latest migration tool as the older ones can't know what is in a more recent AppMon release 🙂

I believe I'm correct in thinking that this link will always get you the latest dtmigration tool?

Hi guys,

yes, that is the current link, but please always look at the upgrade and migration guide and follow the references from there. It might change in the future - if so we will however take down the old version to make that obvious.

Cheers,

Thomas