cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading bootstrap agent

tarun_agastya1
Inactive

Hi All,

we are running on dynatrace-6.2 and upgraded dynatrace from 6.2 to 6.5.But some of the agents are still on bootstrap version 6.2.I followed the document to upgrade bootstrap version it was showed as reinstalling the agent that means will we loose all the measures and data configured previously for that agent as it was in 6.2.Because If i install 6.5 agent on that host,there are 30 instances running on that host and we will loosing all data for those agents.

can someone explain me how it works.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Tarun,

Have you recycled those servers yet?

When you recycle, those bootstrapped agents will automatically upgrade to 6.5, you do not have to reinstall the agent.

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your answer.How about web server agents do we need to do it manually like reinstalling 6.5 agents.

Regards

That applies for most agents including Web Server agents. You just need to restart the web services and agent processes and they will upgrade to 6.5

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Ari P.

Need your assistance for better understanding that we recycled applications many times but the bootstrap version is still no updating automatically.

What else we will have to do in order to upgrade the bootstrap version.

If we follow the documented way then we have near about 120 JVM + MW + .NET + WS agents so altogether more than 500+

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Looks like my comment was misunderstood (I apologize if they were misleading). The only way to upgrade the bootstrap version would be to reinstall the agent itself. Why do you need to upgrade the bootstrap version though? You should have all the features of 6.5 as that is the current version of the agents (based on your screenshot).

Thanks,

Ari

Hello Ari,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I understood that there is only manual way to upgrade the bootstrap agent.

Regards,

Babar

thomas_klambaue
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Tarun,

Which document are you referring to? We have this in the official documentation. Upgrading using this guide should not cause any loss of data or configuration settings.

Best regards,

Thomas