cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from 6.5 to 7.0 collector backup issue

rajanikanthanka
Inactive

Hi,

I am upgrading Dynatrace from 6.5 to 7.0, while performing back up steps for collectors

C:\jre1.8.0_131\bin\java -jar dynatrace-migration.jar
-migration -sourceDTHome "C:\Program Files\dynaTrace\Dynatrace 6.5"
-targetArchiveDir "C:\Dynatrace65Archive"

But I do not have folder of Dynatrace 6.5 in C:\Program Files\dynaTrace\ location . I am only having Dynatrace 6.3 folder over there.

I am only supposed to create a Archive file for 6.5 right? not 6.3 here

Please help. Same situation for both collectors.

Thanks,

Rajani

2 REPLIES 2

thomasK
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Rajani,

you can find the general syntax here:

java -jar dynatrace-migration.jar -migration -sourceDTHome "<DT_HOME_OLD>" -targetArchiveDir "<ARCHIVE_DIR>"

The argument DT_HOME_OLD should be your current installation directory, no matter its name. If its not in C:\Program Files\dynaTrace\ you can use the windows search for dtcollector.exe on all drives to find the 6.5 installation directory.

Are you sure that this collector is 6.5? It is possible to operate a 6.5 server with a 6.3 collector. You can check its version in the Client: Server Settings -> Collectors -> check the versions there.

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

You are right. I looked up for the same file dtcollector.exe and I found it was there with "Dynatrace Collector 6.5 " name. So used it as source file to create archive then did migration. It went well. Everything is good now. Thanks for that trick.

Thanks,
Rajani