cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Use of REST to extract data without dashboard?

jeff_rowell
Helper

I would to create a Java program that connects to our Dynatrace 6.1 server and

1. Extracts info on measures that have been configured with a specific text pattern in a particular monitoring profile.

2. For all the measures that have been found in the 1st step, verify that the measure is functioning / returning data.

From some earlier posts it appears that you can only extract measure data using the REST interface if the measures are configured in a dashboard. I am not clear whether that is still the case with 6.1 or 6.5 (which we will be moving to shortly). Can this be done, or do you still require dashboard to access the measures? Can the 1st step as described above me accomplished via the rest interface?

1 REPLY 1

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

There are various REST interfaces available. The measures are listed in the system profile XML files which are stored on the server.

For step 1 you could do something like this:

https://localhost:8021/rest/management/sysinfo/package?exclude=all&include=profiles

Which will give you the profile XML files in a ZIP file.

To actually verify that those measures are returning data, I believe you'll still need a dashboard as there is no direct performance warehouse access API. The standard mechanism for retrieving data is to create a dashboard. You might be able to do something clever and auto-generate a dashboard though (as dashboards are XML too)?