cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Action Details "URL" un-measurable?

colin_f
Guide

Trying to instrument some user action details captured by UEM.

The User Action Details capture the browser URL as seen here.  However, the only measure that would seem relevant to express this is the Page Action - Name Filter Measure, which it does not. I really need a way to transform regex the URL as a splitting value.

Is there really no way to setup a BT to split on the browser URL?

10 REPLIES 10

colin_f
Guide

ping?

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I know there are a few measures that support a URI path or everything after the dot com ie. www.yoursite.com/<This part is the URI>. With these you can set up some regular expressions to ensure you are getting the correct page/pages. Is there any reason that you need the full URL?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The Page Actions - Name is the measure to use here. You can check the box next to "Target URI" and then define the transformation RegEx. Then use this measure as a split

colin_f
Guide

Hey Andreas,

I tried that.   What passes through is only the URI part. 

In the full URL, there is /#/dataEntry/series/xxxxx after the guid, which is what I am actually needing to aggregate performance on.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hmm. I see. I will talk with engineering about this and see if there is a way to get that part of the URI as well.

Any chance you send over an exported Visit? if data is sensitive feel free to send it via email: community@dynatrace.com

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The team just told me that we only get the UriPart in the Measure - thats also why the Measure is called URI and not Full URL.

So -even though the data is available - the measure in the moment only works on the URI Part. This would be something for an RFE

Hi @Andreas Grabner are there any updates on the Splitting by Full URL?

Thanks,

Raffaele

Hey @Andreas Grabner, was there an RFE created for this? This functionailty would be incredibly useful.

Thanks,

Tyler

colin_f
Guide

What I thought.   Please make it so.  This is a pretty urgent need for SOA analytics.

michael_wolf
Newcomer

Has there been any update on this?