cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

User Name split by application

pavan_basiri
Inactive

Hi

This is what I am looking for. We created a business transaction for user names. But I only find the count and not the number of user visits.

How many users id’s exist?

How many users haven’t used their id’s in 1 day, 7 days, 1 months, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and 2 years.

Thanks

business-transaction-user-name.png

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Pavan,

There are two ways. Whether you can get the users details from the visits or from the server side.

In your current BT I can see that you created a BT for the user actions.

Regards,

Babar

pavan_basiri
Inactive

Thanks Babar. From the server side would work as well and finally we would like to capture all the info in 1 day, 7 days and so on

Hello Pavan,

Yes. You can capture the User Name or User ID from server side and as well as you are storing your BT in the PWH, so you will have all the matrics informaiton.

Regards,

Babar

Should I create a measure to capture from server side or any available measures that can be used straight away for my business transaction. thanks

Hello Pavan,

If I am not wrong you are getting the user name as a return value or the argument.

In both cases you will have to create a custom measure on that specific method and then you can use that measure in your business transaction.

Regards,

Babar

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

As configured the count you'll see is the number of 'user actions' per user id, since it is marked as a User Action based business transaction in the radio buttons. If you make this a Visit based business transaction the counts will reflect the number of visits per user id. These counts will reflect the timeframe you have configured in your dashboard/dashlet filter. (Note that visit based business transactions will only consider completed visits so data may not show up right away).

Most of the other information can likely be obtained from the data you'll get but I don't think there is a way to "automatically" do this without some analysis or use of some outside resources. You can view a timeframe and see how many users logged in but not user ids that have not logged in in that period. In addition, the only way to determine if a user account hasn't logged in in X amount of time is to actually analyze the data or maybe view a chart to see that the last login has been a certain amount of time ago.

James

pavan_basiri
Inactive

Thanks James and Babar