cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

User Names count error

pavan_basiri
Inactive

Hi

We are trying to figure out number of users or user Id's in total, all id's or users that didnot login in 1day, for last 7 days or 6 months. We managed to get the user names from built in business transactions and the count for a time frame.

The count shows for example 7 but when I drill down to confirm by clicking on visits it says Just 1 visit which doesnt match. We are getting the wrong data or am I missing something.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Paven, I'm not sure what you mean by "The count shows for example 7...". Which count are you referring to? When you say "drill down", what drilldown option are you using?
It's also unclear what you're trying to measure, as you mentioned "..all id's or users that did not login...". So are you trying to determine the number of users that did not login?.

A session file would be helpful if you can post such.

Joe Hoffman

pavan_basiri
Inactive

Thanks Joseph. Posted with requirement again.please suggest

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

So I understand that you want to determine the number of users that did NOT login during a certain period. While I don't see how to determine an event that didn't happen, Dynatrace can certainly help you determine the number of unique users that did login.

As for why a drilldown goes from 7 to 1, one likely reason is that the timeframe is being changed from one view to another. Another possible explanation is that the count value is coming from the PW, which means it can go back as far in time as you chose to store PW data. The default is forever. However when you drill down into specific visits, then you're drilling into Purepath data, which is normally kept for a much shorter period of time, likely days or weeks.

Does this help?