cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User action ends too early (always after 30 seconds)

marius_oehler-e
Participant

Hello,

we have a problem with a user action in our system. We have an action which took very long (>30 seconds) and we want this to monitor using AppMon and its UEM agent.

Does the UEM agent have some kind of a timeout for user actions? Because the user actions recorded by Dynatrace end always after 30 seconds but the server requires more time for processing the requests and returning its result.

Please have a look on the following screenshot.

useraction-30s.png

In this case, the user action caused by a click ends after 30 seconds but the server requires 34 seconds for processing. I would expect that the user action is ending after the processing of the server side - which is also the case if the requests is processed in less than 30 seconds.

If there is some kind of timeout for collecting user actions, is there an option to deactivate or increase it?

Best regards,
Marius

3 REPLIES 3

mathieu_chatte1
Advisor

Hello,

Could you try to do the same action of your users to see if your users really meet a timeout error?
(I think no because you User Action Purepath status is green)

In case Of, if yes, check in your webservers configurations, the timeout and/or Keep-Alive timeout configurations.

Another way that the call is asynchronous...

Regards,

Mathieu

Time differences can occur when we have asynchronous requests on our application

marius_oehler-e
Participant

Hey,

thanks for your tips. Yes, it is an asynchronous request.

But I just noticed, that there is also a browser warning captured by Dynatrace which seems like it is caused by Dynatrace.

The warning is the following:

Action with id 6 'Find' timed out! Check full visit for related action. Recorded with version .... Readystate: 1, xhr url: /xyz/mywebapp, status: 0

But when executing this action in a browser, I cannot see any timeout happening.