cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

User is unable to change heap memory of Appmon Client

One our end user is trying to increase the heap memory of is Appmon client 7.0 but whenever he updates and restarts client, settings don't change. I told him to uninstall and reinstall it or use dynatrace portable client but still no luck.

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Chiranjit,

Make sure the guy is using the Rich Client and not the Java Webstart client because you cannot change the heap size of the Webstart client,

Regards,

Babar

He is using Rich client only, but whenever he tries to change the heap memory and restarts it, it doesn't change but when he check the dtclient.ini there the change is reflected.

Hello Chiranjit,

Do you mean changes are reflected in the dtclient.ini but not in the client after restart?

How much memory he has on the host and how much he is assigning to the client?

Regards,

Babar

Yes Babar,

Changes are not reflecting in client.

he has 16G for ram and trying to assign 2048 or 3084 but nothing is working out. He also has admin rights to his machine, so i don't think its access issue.

Hello Chiranjit,

Just try with the 3072 MB instead of 3084 MB.

Regards,

Babar

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I would check the environment variables set on the user's machine. There are some such as JAVA_OPTS, JAVA_OPTIONS, or JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS (depending on the JVM vendor) where if a -Xmx is set it can override the values you set in the client or ini file.

James

Hi James,

You were right, in Enviornment variables it was using JAVA_OPTIONS which was causing it to be static. user removed and then it worked.