cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AppMon, Create a custom Dashboard with multiple dashlets

margaret_gruen-
Participant

In Dynatrace it is possible to create a dashboard with multiple dashlets. Is this functionality available in AppMon 6.5? It is possible for me to create a dashboard with dashlets shown one after each other individual tabs. I wish to have multiple dashlets shown on one tab, the CPU consumption next to the thread count for instance.

4 REPLIES 4

pahofmann
Leader

The Thread you Link to actually talks about appmon! So it is totally possible in 6.5 and earlier, just use the guides provided there.

It may be a bit confusing as they reference appmon as "dynatrace" there, but a (not so) long time ago appmon was actually called dynaTrace 🙂

The solution by Andreas G. Nov 27, 2015 points to the Advanced Dashboarding Video which after 19:00 min shows how is works, so patience pays off.

The solution described by: Alex S. Nov 26, 2015, doesn't work in my environment. It is not possible to drag and drop a dashlet.

That is wired, the drag&drop should definitely be possible! You have to get used to it a bit, when dragging the header of the dashlet you have to hold the mouse button and go quite far to the edge to drop the dashlet somewhere else. It will display a grey border on where the droplet will be placed when you go far enough to the edge.

margaret_gruen-
Participant

I think part of the problem could be caused by the VCI that I am working in. The drag&drop necessary to move the dashlets does not function smoothly, after many attempts it was possible to do. When I tried a locally installed version of Dynatrace it was possible to move the dashlets without any problems.