cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

VMWare monitor plugin and Dashboard on CPU Ready (summation value) question

sgreenshield
Inactive

I have deployed the VMHost monitoring with the VMWare Dashboard, and I have a question on CPU Ready, which I know is based on CPU ready (summation time). I want to know when dynaTrace collects it, what is the interval taken for the summation value, so I can convert the value into "CPU Ready %"?

To calculate the CPU ready % from the CPU ready summation value, you should use this formula:

(CPU summation value / (<chart default update interval in seconds> * 1000)) * 100 = CPU ready %

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2002181

Then there is the added element of how many vCPUs are on the VMWare. So how does the VMWare dashboard present the data in summation, is this based on the overall VMWARE node regardless of vCPUs or the number of vCPUs?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Stuart

You might want to open a support ticket for this to get an answer from our engineering team. Would be great if you could then post the answer to this forum so that others also get to know the answer

Andi