cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

VMware Monitors for Hosts / Guest machines

sandeep_palava3
Participant

Hi,

I am currently using "VMware Virtual Machine Performance Monitor" and "VMware Host System Performance Monitor" to monitor VM Guest and VM Hosts respectively. I am using the vCenter URL as the webservice URL in the monitors.

But, I am interested to monitor the performance of all the VM Hosts and VM Guests which are available under vCenter without having to manually add their name individually, We need that kind of a setup as we have more than a 100 VM Guests under a single vCenter and there is every possibility of dissolving a VM Guest / spinning a new one as and when needed.

So, I want to auto monitor any active VM Host / VM Guest under a vCenter. Can someone suggest if we can achieve this Dynatrace ?

Thanks,

Sandeep.

3 REPLIES 3

richard_boyd22
Inactive

Hi,

Do you have agents on these VMWare servers?  If so, we would detect the hosts automatically and you could add VMWare and Local as host groups instead of individual hosts to your "VMware Virtual Machine Performance Monitor"

sandeep_palava3
Participant

No Richard, we don't have agents on these VM servers. Our idea is to have monitoring for all the VM Hosts and VM Guests under a vCenter automatically. Is there a way I can do that? 

staha
Guide

Hi , 

Any update ? 

it will be  much helpful in case there is a way to identify all VMs automatically ,I have a case similar to Sandeep  , around 150 VMs without Agent installed . 

Thanks ,