cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

View server infrastucture data history (server unracked)

Hello guys,

we have renew our front end server a few month ago. The old ones have been unracked.

I wanted to compare some CPU betwenn the old and the new one but in Infrastructure I don't see the old one. Even if I create a dashlet and display CPU I don't see the old ones.

Is there any way to see history of those old servers (even if there is no agent anymore on it as thoses servers has been disconnected/unracked).

Thanks,

Alexandre

4 REPLIES 4

david_n
Inactive

Hello Alexandre,

If you open a new dashboard and set the source to your Dynatrace self-monitoring system profile you should be able to chart the Frontend CPU Utilization. You could try changing the time frame of the chart to a period where you know the old servers were connected. You should then be able to compare the metrics to similar timeframe after the change was made.

Thanks,
David Nicholls

Hello @David N.

I tried but if I set the source of Dynatrace self-monitoring system. I only have Dynatrace information not my front end server.
Edit 1 : Just to clarify. It's not Dynatrace front end server but application front end server (web server).
Is there any trick ?
Edit 2 : I tried to graph CPU Total Time on my current system profile and extend time to last year (where my servers were up and running but I still don't see them).

Alex

david_n
Inactive

Hello Alexandre,

I am not aware of any tricks to get the metrics on that old web server from the client. A disconnected server is displayed on the infrastructure overview for 72 hours and beyond that time frame, I am not sure you can access the metrics.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Hello,

It's strange we can't get all datas (we used to have 3 years of datas for theses servers).

I hope Dynatrace doesn't delete them 😕

Alex