cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Viewing data more than 72 hrs old in the monitoring dashboard

anil_perera2
Helper

How do I view data more than 72 hrs old in the monitoring dashboard?

8 REPLIES 8

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The Monitoring Dashboard only allows 72h. But you can create your own custom dashboards with longer timeframes. You can even extract some of the baseline charts and say "open in custom dashboard" - with that you can add baselining charts to your dashboards with longer timeframes.

The Monitoring Dashboards itself however cannot be run with longer timeframes.

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi all,

So one year has been passed, so I am just wondering is it still the same? (i.e to view host metric older-than-72-hours data, there is no way but to create a custom chart in AppMon)

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

Hi. Yes - it is still the same. If you want to view a different time frame you have to create a custom chart. But also make sure to check out our new web dashboards. Especially with AppMon 7 (which was released 2 weeks ago) we totally revamped our web dashboards. If you want to learn more about it check out the tutorials for AppMon 7. You can either find them on Dynatrace University (http://university.dynatrace.com) or on YouTube (http//bit.ly/dttutorials)

Andi

Hi Andi,

Thanks for that, I just tried to chart those metrics, but the host didn't appeared in the splitting pane when I select the measure I need in the measure picker. Is it because the host agent isn't mapped to any system profile? (well....I wouldn't consider 'infrastructure' strictly a system profile)

If yes, does that mean I have to edit the .ini file of host agent so that it can mapped to an existing sys profile (or maybe a sys profile purposely created just for this purpose)?

Host Agent Data should show up in any System Profile where you have agents on these hosts. The only trick is that - if you create a new Dashboard and open the Measure Picker it will only show you those measures that actually have a value for the currently selected dashboard timeframe. Default is last 30 mins. so - make sure you pick a good valid timeframe and then try it again

Hi All, Here is an OOTB Replica which I managed to replicate as Custom Dashboard! I hope you like it:

• Heap Utilization: is dual axis chart with two measures: "Committed Memory" and "Used Memory"
  • Passing Transactions: is chart of "Count Backend" measure.
  • Garbage Collection Young Generation: is measure named : "Garbage Collection Young Generation"
  • CPU Usage: is measure stacked % bar chart of measures named "CPU time user" and "CPU time system" with aggregation as SUM.
  • Garbage Collection Old Generation: is measure named "Garbage Collection Old Generation"
  • Total GC Collection Time: is plot of measure "Total GC Collection Time" with aggregation as sum
  • Thread Count: is plot of measure "Thread Count (Java Virtual Machine)" with aggregation as avg.

Please note, depending upon your application server the measures would differ. This was for IBM WAS.

@Wai Keat C.

Disadvantage is that you have to create separate dashboards for each App servers.

Nice dashboard. Have you tried creating this one for the web interface?