cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visit Tag not working for Measure which get Method Arguments and Session Attributes.

russelcrue
Newcomer

Hi,

I need to Tag every request. For that I have configured Visit Tag from User Experience Menu for an appilications. |Left Panel| --> System profiles --> Monitoring(Appilication) --> Right Click(Edit System Profile...) --> User Experience --> General(Visits) --> Visit Tag.

Under the Visit tag I added a Measure which will capture the UserName from Method's Argument which is executed under the PurePath. Then Conversion goal I added one more Measure which also capture the Method's Argument and also capture the boolean value and check with enterted value. Then accessed the pages. Then I navigate to System Profile --> Monitoring(Appiliaction) --> Diagnose User Experience --> Visits.

There I didn't find the Visit Tags in UI. And also I tried with session attributes. Its not working.

I have attached screen shots and configurations files of Measures.

Did I configured wrong? Where I can find the Visit Tags.

Here the configuration of measures:

<measure groupmeasurement="None" methodnamematch="equals" usedmethod="all" description="Represents the number of calls of a method with a specific argument value within a PurePath. Used for Business Transactions." evaluation="stringValue" metricid="Argument Value" valuetomatch="Thams" rate="purepath" calculatebaseline="false" errorseverity="none" matchignorewhitespaces="false" isapplicationaggregated="true" createdtimestamp="1472635348501" id="Custom User Servlet Argument Value" taggedregex="" ischartable="false" methodname="setUserName" manually="true" servicecontext="SERVER" anyargument="false" isaggregated="true" match="starts" displayaggregations="31" techtype="1" measuretype="MethodMeasure" errortype="none" metricgroupid="Business Transaction Evaluation/Filter/Grouping Values" classname="com.vem.poc.User" matchcasesensitive="false" displayunit="number" argumentnotomatch="1" userdefined="true" calculatepercentiles="false" classnamematch="equals"> <color color.blue="192" color.red="0" color.green="192" /> <argument argumenttype="java.lang.String" /> <argument argumenttype="int" /> <argument argumenttype="com.vem.poc.UserName" /> </measure>

<measure groupmeasurement="None" methodnamematch="equals" usedmethod="all" description="Represents the number of calls of a method with a specific argument value within a PurePath. Used for Business Transactions." evaluation="stringValue" metricid="Argument Value" valuetomatch="true" rate="purepath" calculatebaseline="false" errorseverity="none" matchignorewhitespaces="false" isapplicationaggregated="true" createdtimestamp="1472635348501" id="Custom UserName Class Argument Value" taggedregex="" ischartable="false" methodname="isValidUser" manually="true" servicecontext="SERVER" anyargument="false" isaggregated="true" match="equals" displayaggregations="31" techtype="1" measuretype="MethodMeasure" errortype="none" metricgroupid="Business Transaction Evaluation/Filter/Grouping Values" classname="com.vem.poc.UserName" matchcasesensitive="false" displayunit="number" argumentnotomatch="1" userdefined="true" calculatepercentiles="false" classnamematch="equals"> <color color.blue="192" color.red="0" color.green="192" /> <argument argumenttype="boolean" /> </measure>

conversion-goal.jpgui.jpgvisit-tag.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

I see a couple of things. First, in both your visit and conversion measures, you have chosen to manually type in the class/method name. I've had much more success using the class browser (the small icon to the right of the edit box) to navigate to the method. Typing manually leaves too much room for error.

Next - in the visit tag... you are requiring the username to start with "Tham". Is that really what you want? I believe if you clear that "Match" field, you will start seeing the behavior you want.

Next: "conversion" is the concept of reaching the goal of your application. Typically that means buying something, or downloading something, or some other positive action. You are setting your conversion goal to somebody being validated as a valid user. I'm guessing that's not really what you want.

Rob

I agree, use the class browser whenever possible. But yeah, primarily the "Tham" was the issue i noticed as well.