cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Visit based Business Transaction with Method Argument Filter

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

At a customer we have a certain type of user for which we wan't to see the Browser Types they are using. The users can be identified if a certain method call returns true.

I created a BT with a Method Return Value Measure (Evaluation=Occurrence, Upper Severe=1) for the Method and used max as aggregation in the BT.

I tried this in a exported session with multiple finished visit containing said Method call, but the BT stays empty after recalculating the session.

What am I overlooking, the Method Argument Filter for a Visit Based BT should be possible, right?

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yes that should work PurePaths are contained within the Visits so you should be able to use this as a filter as long as that measure/method is showing up in the session, I've done similar things in the past.

One thing with Visit Based BTs that often comes up and can be a bit of a pain when testing is that since they wait until the visit is completed before the results show up, you need to be looking at a large enough timeframe that will include completed visits (that meet the filter criteria as well) in order for anything to show up. Even being aware of this it can often catch me since sometimes it really needs to be a significant amount of time. I'd try an increase the time in your stored session or possibly setting it up in the profile under load and letting it cook for a while to see if you get results that way. Maybe start by creating it at a PurePath level in your stored session first just to make sure there's no issue there as well.

James

Thanks for you thoughts. I've took a half day of data, there where plenty finished visits with the method in there, so recalculating the session should always work, right?

I've already done what you suggested before, on a PP level the measures works just fine and filters ~2k PP where the method returns true.

I will recrate the scenario in easytravel and just let it run a while.