cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Visit tag.

yamini_dubey
Organizer

I have been trying to implement visit tagging by organization ID for an application . I have even found out that what method in the application is recording that ID in backend. I did try using a couple of methods but still not seeing anything under visit tags @Babar Q. @Andreas G.

Not sure what am I missing.

Thanks in advance .

Regards.visit-tag1.jpgvisit-tag2.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Yamini,

You also have to set the Visit Tag in the User Experience settings on your specific System Profile. Can you check to see if you have done that? Attached a screenshot of what i'm referring to:-

Thanks,

Ari

Hi Ari

Did do that, but nothing is reflecting under visit tag. It is blank.

Thanks and Regards.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Yamini,

You will have to create a custom sensor for that method which is providing Organization ID whether a return value or argument and then you can tag in the User Experience.

The below example is to get the unique Users ID

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q. Thanks this helps. I do not have prior experience in sensor creation. As much as I know, it needs to be added to an existing class. Also can you help me with difference between pattern and accessor. I get that accessor is the method itself, so what does pattern mean.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hello Yamini,

Pattern is a method in your class. Below screenshot is a reference to above screenshots.

Right Click (or Double Click) on Your Profile and select the
Edit System Profile

Select the Sensors

Click on Add Sensors Group and provide the meaningful name

Clock on Browse Button

Load the Agent Group and then find your desired method and
click on Add

Once you will have your method then double click on that
method to provide the method return values as accessor

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Thanks again. Did a method search and found the method under four different classes. Imported all of them and added the accessor. Looks like the changes will be reflected only after a restart or hot sensor placement. Just an apply and ok would reflect these changes?

PS: could not see your attached image in previous comment, but I guess I got what you meant.

Thanks and Regards.

Hello Yamini,

Developers can tell you the exact method among all classes.

Exactly the changes will be take effect after hot sensor in case of Solaris JVM and restart is required for the IBM JVM.

Before hot sensor or restart, make sure that sensor placement.

To get the screen, just double click on any added method in my case e.g. getPrincipal(*)

Regards,

Babar

visit-tag3.jpg Hi Babar

Tried all this ,applied the sensor pack too. Does not seem to work 😞 nothing under visit tags.

Regards.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Yamini,

Did you configure accessor as return value or argument?

Can you see the method in the PurePaths tree? If Yes.

then add the column of return value to check the status.

Regards,

Babar

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Yamani,

When I am troubleshooting a visit tag issue, I always create a Business Transaction that splits on the measure I am trying to use to make sure it is getting the data I expect. Have you done this yet to verify your measure is being populated?

HTH,

dave

yamini_dubey
Organizer
@Babar Q.

Hi Babar

So I selected an agent group and then did the method search and was able to find that method in a class.I picked up the method form there so I am assuming it is a part of purepaths. I have added a return value as well to this.

I have a question though- The sensor group I created using that method and visit-tag-4.jpgperfromed hot sensor placement as well, how is it going to reflect here?

Thanks and Regards

Yamini.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Yamini,

First you check in the PurePaths Tree to verify that you are getting the return value or not e.g. below otherwise you will see a message like accessor failed etc..

If you are getting then you can also create a business transaction to get the splitting values, if required.

Regards,

Babar

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Yamini,

It is possible the method in question is included in more than one class, so you need to verify you have the right method, and also that it is placed in the right agent group.

First, as mentioned above, find the method in a purepath and right click to view the details, if the return value is blank, then there may not be a sensor placed on the right method. I would create the method sensor directly from the purepath if that is the case, you can do this by right clicking the method and selecting "Add Sensor rules" then "Include Selected Methods". From there you can configure the return value accessor.

You also should verify that the sensor group in which you placed the custom sensor is active on the right agent groups. This can be done by editing your system profile, navigating to the agent group, and verifying that the sensor group has a check mark in the "Place" column.

Thanks,

-Cody

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi

If you are still struggling with this it would be great if you could export such a visit where you believe you have captured the user name somewhere on any of the PurePAths that link to that Visit and its user actions. So - just export such a user and attach it so that we can take a look at it.