cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visits Tagging not working

andrea_paganini
Participant

We are trying to comprehend why a good number of visits are not correctly tagged.
We are recording the parameter "user" from the request and we have activated the tag in the UEM config.
In the attached image there are visits coming from the same robot, so the visits are always the same.
Despite this, as you can see one visit has a tag and the others are not tagged.
Can you help us identify the problem?
Best regards

5 REPLIES 5

andrea_paganini
Participant

The image...

james_kitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Can you drill into one of those visits and verify you can see the request from which you are pulling the user value you are using for tagging?

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Andrea,

Did you drill down into the PurePaths for the non-working Visits and verify they have the parameter? I usually create a Business Transaction with a split by the user also and check to make sure the user is being picked up by the PurePaths.

Did you check to make sure the Visits all are associated with the same application?

HTH,

dave

ahmed_el_jafouf
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Andrea. This behavior can be related to how cookies are handled by the client. Is the UEM's dtcookie correctly set and used in every visit or does the robot ignore the cookie?

andrea_paganini
Participant

The customer has changed the login behavior to production site. This is why we were catching less information then before.
But in this specific case they assured me that the robot is still using previous login version, so it is strange.
I've performed drill down and it seems that maybe some calls are missing.
We are analyzing the issue.