cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are unable to see Web requests and Transaction flow getting captured in Dynatrace tool during our test window even after tomcat server and dynatrace agent restarted.

dharmik_kamdar
Newcomer

On further analysis on Agent logs from dynatrace tool and we could see below highlighted statement for Tomcat instances as following. "2017-02-27 05:48:12 [00000028] info [native] Found high autosensor overhead, might hint to time drift problem, tsCounter: 4855" Could you please help me to resolve issue.

9 REPLIES 9

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Dharmik,

First open the Agents View Dashboard and check that you have Event Count and Class Load Count for that agent. If Yes.

Then Edit you system profile > Select Agent Mapping > Select Agent > In the bottom choose Advanced timer from Automatic to Low-Res System Clock.

You can also try other options, if it doesn't work for you, especially if you have a virtual environment.

Regards,

Babar

dharmik_kamdar
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your suggestion. But Unfortunately this did not help me I tried manually changing timer. Still same I can find in agent startup logs.

Moreover my initial issue is agent is still not capturing web request. I can not see anything loged in Tagged web request for respective agent.

Could you/anyone suggest me on that.

info [native] Found high autosensor overhead, might hint to time drift problem, tsCounter: 886

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Dharmik,

One more post regarding similar issue and solution. Can you follow the below steps?

• " Regarding the auto sensor overhead would you please uncheck auto sensor from system profile -> agent group -> agent mapping -> advanced.
  • And the autosensor overhead measurement is to verify how long it takes getting a thread dump of all threads with sensors on it. So if it measures high overhead, it is reducing the interval to not cause overhead issues and additionally slow down a maybe already busy server.
  • This measurement can be unreliable in case the application server is virtualized and the VM is moved to different physical CPU cores by the hypervisor. Then the timers are most likely jumping ahead or back in time and if so, we might also detect "high overhead" even if there is no problem. 'Low-Res System Clock' should always work, but you can also try others. Changing to auto sensor and agent timers will get active on the next agent restart."

https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/106716/fou...

Regards,

Babar

dharmik_kamdar
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

I tried the same at very first before reaching out to community from googling. But it did not help me as well. Could you please let me know the reason of web request being not captured by agent because of this auto sensor overhead?

The reason is same configuration has been working in other environment and agent captures web request successfully.

Hello Dharmik,

Did you verify Event Count and Class Load Count for that agent?

Did you check what is difference between between both agents sensor selection, if it is working in the other environment?

All the relevant sensor are active and start purepaths?

Regards,

Babar

dharmik_kamdar
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

Please find below statistics of Event count and Class Load count for non-working agents.

I happened to check agent sensors looks same for me for both working and non-working agents.

I can confirm we have installed and configured agents on both working and non-working environments in the same way.

Do you have any suggestions?

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Dharmik,

It means agents are capturing the PuraPaths data but not appearing as a transaction flow.

I guess now the stage came where we can consider the custom entrypoint.

What is the entry point in your working environment?

Regards,

Babar

dharmik_kamdar
Newcomer

Hi Babar,

I am not sure if this helps or not but working environment is capturing events different than non-working environment.

Is there anyway to schedule conference. I will explain both system profile and pure-paths configured for working and non-working environment.

Hello Dharmik,

Yes. We can plan tomorrow morning or in afternoon sometime.

Regards,

Babar