cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

We need the passing (through a process) split by agent to be charted on a custom Dashlet

girgis_sean
Inactive

Shown above is an out of the box Dashboard that represents the health of a JBoss process. I am trying to create a custom Dashlet that contain the passing transactions Dashlet above. I seem not to be able to locate the actual measure that was used to make up this out of the box Dashlet.

Can you please help.

6 REPLIES 6

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I believe this just uses the count of PurePaths as the number of transactions. We have something similar set up to what you're asking for. You can create a measure split by agent (or use the existing one) for PurePath response time and when you chart use the aggregation 'count.' This should be the same as passing transactions you see in that chart.

James

Hi James, We did that however because this app server isn't an entry point when we charted the purepath count we saw nothing when isolating down to that particular agent

chase_hulderman
Inactive

Hey Sean,

Like @James K. said you're able to just count the number of PurePaths if you like. You can create an actual business transaction and split by agent, or you can always just filter the dashlet or dashboard by this JBoss application.

Cheers,

Chase

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Just got some input that you may have tried the PP count method already but doesn't work because it's not an entry point, I checked some old support cases and this has been asked with the following response you may want to try:

The "Passing transactions" measure is indeed the "Count Backend" measure under "Tier Subpaths", with "Sum" aggregation.

James

Thanks, James. That was very Helpful. Is there a way to graph the failed transaction (pure path) for that JBoss Tier as well.

Hm, might not be a simple solution for that. I don't think any measures will let you see a failed Purepath/transaction by tier or agent. The closest you may be able to get is a business transaction that is filtered to look at failed transactions and then including a measure like this as a calculated result but this would probably still be including every tier that the transaction touched not just the one where the error occurred.