cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Web Server Agent Primary/Secondary Process Mismatch After Updating Server. Suggestions?

drew_callahan
Inactive

Hello,

After applying updates to our Dynatrace 6.5.x server, I made the mistake of re-starting our Agent Tiers to update them to updated server version which resulted in a versioning mismatch on the Nginx primary and secondary processes. I'm seeing the following error in the Agent Overview dashboard:

I'm looking to ways to either (1) update the worker processes without creating downtime or (2) rollback the primary process version to the previous version the worker processes are currently running on.

Besides performing a server rollback, what is the least intrusive way to correct the versioning mismatch?

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Drew,

In this situation you will have to restart the monitored web server, because there is a process to upgrade the web server agent that first you will have to restart AppMon Web Server Agent which runs as a service and the monitored web server.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks for the reply, @Babar Q.. Would a configuration reload successfully update the worker processes to the most current version? The command I would run is below:

run service nginx reload

This would prevent any downtime from occurring which is preferred (unless it's not possible).

Hello Drew,

Exactly. You can recycle the service and I guess the agent should be updated.

Regards,

Babar