cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard - negative values graph

tamir_reuveni
Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to show on web dashboard a graph that contains negative and positive values?

Regards,
Tamir

5 REPLIES 5

thorsten_roth
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Can you show any example, because I can't imagine a metric with negative values in AppMon.

This is a metric that i created based on appMon values.

VIA the REST interface i'm calculating the delta value between the current value and the offset of 15 minutes ago.

Sometime the value is positive and sometimes isn't.

At the client it work's great.

Hi Thorsten

here is another example

negative-value.png

I have set a measure on the negative value of "qty to change" but somehow I can't show it in Business Transaction nor to chart it.

Any suggestion ?

Yos

Hi

what you are showing on the screenshot is not actually a value available for charting but a parameter which has been extracted from a method argument. You can chart how many time the value -1 appeared over time for instance but that's all. All measures count specific items or return a response time so they cannot negative.

Flo

Hi Flo,

I was trying extract the value with the minus sign as numeric value into a measure and its always came out as null, once I use regex to transform the return value and remove the leading minus sign the measure start to show the number.

So I assume that you are right about what the chart is showing but I do think that there is an issue to store negative numbers in measure and also to show them on chart.

Yos