cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Web server agents are connected but no data available

chakravarthula_
Contributor

We have two web servers configured and are in connected status. Everything looks good in agents overview and all the required sensors are enabled with active and start purepaths. Can some one help me on how to get the data for those web servers? Is there anything missing which needs to be enabled to start capturing the data?

13 REPLIES 13

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Chakravarthula,

We recently faced the same issue with our Apache web servers.

As you described in your email that sanity check has been done from your side even though there is no data.

The below sensor worked for us.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Thanks for the update. We have enabled Webserver sensor with active and start purepaths. But , no luck. Can you suggest if there is something else which needs to be enabled?

Thanks,

Prathyusha

Hello Prathyusha,

May I know which Web Server do you have?

Did you also try to enable and check the below sensors:

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

All the mentioned sensors are already enabled.

Regards,

Prathyusha

Hello Chakravarthula,

Which web server do you have?

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Babar,

It is Apache webserver. The other servers which were configured along with these two are working fine. We are unable to see data only for two servers. All are sharing same system profiles. Everything looks same. Iam not sure what is missing?

Regards,

Prathyusha

Hello Chakravarthula,

This is a really strange behavior.

Did you see the status of those agents in the agents view?

Is there data capturing?

Please also check that the capture events is checked in the agent mapping.

Regards,

Babar

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Barbar,

All the above options are checked and we are able to see status of server as connected. But, there is no other data available.

Regards,

Prathyusha

Hello Chakravarthula,

Can you attach the web server logs?

Regards,

Babar

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Chakravarthula, Are you sure that there's been some traffic thru these web servers? Is it possible that all your traffic is going thru the one WebServer which shows activity? It might be helpful to monitor the EventCount column in Agent Overview, although this is only tracked for the Primary Agent, so if these agents are all on the same host, this will not help. But either way, I'm still suspicious that perhaps there's simply no transactions going thru the instances that show no data.

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Joseph,

There is traffic through these web servers and we can even see event count in the agents overview.

Regards,

Prathyusha

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you've verified traffic, then the next question is whether it's connected to the Profile you want. Agent Overview tells which Profile and Agent Group the Apache agent maps to. If it's mapped correctly, I would verify events are not disabled for the AgentGroup Mapping OR for the entire profile.

Then I would inspect the agent logs for any relavent messages.

If none of these steps helps, this is going to require a deeper look and you might want to open a support case.

sathwika_vatte
Inactive

Hi Charkravarthula,

Did your issue resolved ?? if yes then what was the root cause and solution ?? please could you share with me because we are facing same issue.

@Chakravarthula P.

Thanks,

sathwika