cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

WebService Purepaths Timed Out

Currently we are seeing some Purepaths behave in an odd manner.  Purepaths that start with a specific type of web-service call are all getting marked as "Timed Out".  The Response time and Duration are both relatively short and well within the expected default dynaTrace timeout.  The Purepath tree itself does not really look suspicious either.  Just looking to see if anyone has any thoughts on what this could be.

Thanks,

Brian

7 REPLIES 7

graeme_william1
Inactive

Brian,

What's the exception?  Could you show us what you get from right-click -> details?

-- Graeme

Graeme,

Here is the exception.

Thanks,

Brian

graeme_william1
Inactive

Brian,

Is it possible that this error is the reason the transaction is hanging (which is pretty much what a timed-out PurePath means in this case)?

-- Graeme

I don't think it is, because from an application perspective, it doesn't seem to be hanging at all.  We are not seeing any errors in the application or performance degredation.

Thanks,

Brian

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I've seen the exact behavior at a differnet customer. In their case we assumed that some events (Enter/Exit Methods) got lost/skipped along the way (Agent, Collector or Server). Do you see skipped events?

From the agent overview dashlet, it shows 0 Skipped Events and 0 Total Skipped Events for the 2 agents involved in the transaction.  Anywhere else I should look for the skipped events?

Thanks,

Brian

Collector and Server. If nothings there I suggest you open a support ticket