cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weblogic Server Warning State Alert

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi All,

We got high priorty issues because of the weblogic server went warning state.
Is there anyway to configure the same proactively in Dynatrace before serevr going down.
or
To alert when it is in warning state.

I am working on the below things currently.

There is a plugin ,that can be downloaded and installed in Dynatrace 7.0 and can configure some of the weblogic parameters .
So that some of the Top 10 metrics of weblogic can be monitored . I am referring the below link for understaning.

https://www.dynatrace.com/blog/top-10-weblogic-performance-metrics-proactively-monitor-server-farm/

Can I proceed with this.
I am gong to use any plug in for the first time.
Is my understanding is correct.
I want to understand whether these are the parameters needs to be configured or any specific parameter needs to be captured for server warning state.

do we need any specail License for installing that plugin

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

weblogic-warning-state1.png

(5.6 kB)

13 REPLIES 13

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Karthikayini,

You don't need any license for the plugin.

I believe nothing is there which can tell that now the server is going/or about to down except few known symptoms if we know.

What kind of warning state? Something related to resources or specifically to the processes?

We got high priorty issues because of the weblogic server went warning state.

Off course you can proceed with it because something is better than nothing.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for the reply.

The application team is guessing it may be because of the thread count .

They are also not sure why it got triggered .

Even I tried creating measures for Thread Pool Execute Thread Idle Count, guessing threads may be the reason.But not able to create any, looks like some sensor placing issue(if I am right).

Do plugin need any collector side configuration.

I imported com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.jmx_1.0.1 plugin from

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/vi...

I used weblogic Monitoring plugin Dashboards ,not getting any data.

The plugin is scheduled to run for every ten mins.

Not getting any data.

Attached needed screenshots.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Karthikayini,

Plugin need to be configure on the collector, therefore, it is recommended to have a dedicated collector for the plugins.

Did you configure the plugin according to instructions provided in the Weblogic Monitoring Plugin page?

I can see on the screenshot that the last run result was incomplete?

Review the below link for the 'How do I monitor JMX metrics in my Java applications'?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitoring-...

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.,

I have done below configurations in monitoring tab.

I did not enable SSL connection because Weblogic team said that there is no SSL connection. So Custom Trust Key store path also not given as got a msg that if SSL enabled,give keystorepath.

I did not do any configuration for collector.May be I am not very sure about what needs to be done.

I am having two collectors for the environment. One of the collector is automatically assigned for the plugin.

Did you mean this for the dedicated collector or Do I need to add 3rd collector for plugins.

Collector Configuration:

You need to ensure the collector host is not marked as unknown. If it is, when running the plugin, you will get a local host related error. To resolve the issue for Linux:

1. Type hostname (on the collector box in order to get the host name)
  2. In /ect/hosts define the hostname from above command)

On Windows, the host file is located: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

--------------------------------

I am having windows collector server .Do I need to go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

And add

# 1234xxx hostname

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

You don't need to add the third collector because you already have for the plugins.

Make sure you are selecting the correct collector for the execution in the schedule tab of plugin.

BTW also add the host entry in the hosts file for the plugin collector c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Is the required port open between the collector and Weblogic Server?

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.,

Thanks for the reply.

Should I give naming convention as plugin_collector_collectorname

instead of collector name ACC Dynatrace Collector 1@collector name

I defined hostname as below in host file

ics106xxxxxx HOSTNAME

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

Naming convention doesn’t matter.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

port 9998 is the commuting port which is opened already.

we have 2 application server and one management server in a clusrer.

The application servers are monitored by Dynatrace. The management server of that cluster is not connected to Dynatrace.

Does it matter that admin servers not connected to dynatrace.

Unable to connect to admin server error I am getting.

I tried different combinations as well.

I tried giving admin server name for below:

weblogic server name:

Admin server name:

Then tried giving actual server names itself as admin servers not connected to dynatrace

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

9998 port is for the agents connectivity. You should open the listening port of admin server e.g. 7001 from collector to admin server.

Regards,

Babar

HI @babarq,

Thank you for the support. I will look into that.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hi @Babar Q.

We have only 2 application servers in a weblogic cluser and only those 2 are configured for Dynatrcae. The plugin is getting data of the whole cluster from the admin server if I am right.

In this case, Should I try to install Dynatrace in admin server too and proceed things.

(I have no idea why admin servers are not configured in Dynatrace in our environment)

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Hello Karthikayini,

Usually we use the plugin in case of unsupported technologies to get some valuable metrics or something extra which is not available through the offered sensors.

You can discuss with the team about their requirements and then can decide whether you need to instrument the admin server or not.

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar Q.

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M