cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Weblogic stuck threads

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to put on a measure that tracks down the number of Weblogic stuck threads. According to the Oracle Weblogic threading model, stuck threads are still in RUNNABLE state but execution time takes long - not to be mixed up with LOCKED threads).

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you are on the newer versions of weblogic I think you can find the data of the status of the thread on an JMX Mbean. In this case you need to create a JMX. Try this one for starting to search:

weblogic.management.runtime.ThreadPoolRuntime

I hope it helps,

Let me see if I understand what you're saying. Today, we have no Dynatrace out-of-the-box measure that tracks down the Weblogic Stuck Threads. Instead, the Customer has to create their own MBean and then we can track down the MBean, please?

Not clear. Thanks.

I found how to do it. I search the measures for JMX, browse metrics, and then pick un an agent. I can finally select a StuckThread method from the WebLogic 9+ section.

venkata_s_matta
Participant

Hi

Is there any way to findthe weblogic stuck threads by suing the JVM Monitoring Plugin ?

or any other alternative way .

Please let me know .

Regards,

Venkat

Hi Venkat,

I used JMX measures. You have to check the Oracle documentation to find the right MBean and then put on a JMX measure that works on that MBean. The measure comes with a test button so that you can see if it works.

Daniele