cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Webservice failure rate doubt

I am looking at the Webservice dashboard and I have a request displaying 100% of failure rate.

Nevertheless, I see that the webservice has acceptable times as total AVG time.

So, what's does this failure rate represents? The call is answering, no timeouts. So the call is not failing from my point of view.

Looking on the online documentation for this specific item, I see the description as "The percentage of failed requests". Therefore, what's a failed request for Dynatrace?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

matthew_miller
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi @Ageo Damaso,

Dynatrace Application Monitoring has default out-of-the-box error detection. Depending on the type of error which occurs, the transaction may be marked as failed. These settings can be edited in the System Profile settings -> Error detection tab. For each error detection rule, users can define the how Dynatrace Application Monitoring handles particular errors. I have attached a screenshot of the options for each type of error. My suggestion is to take a look at what type of error is causing the transactions to be marked as failures.

Hope this helps,

Matt

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ageo,

If you right click on System Profile and go to Error Detection, you will see the criteria for what Dynatrace classifies as an error. It should be similar to the screenshot below

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Harshal.

moses_chacko
Organizer
@Ageo D

The total average time doesnt necessarily mean your request did not have failure with in the call tree.I would recommend looking in the purepath tree to see if any of the downstream systems have thrown an error.

Also i have found the duration to be a better measure when looking at service calls.

-Mo.

First of all, thank you for all the quick responses!

I see that the logging errors are appearing on the execution on the purepath related with the webservice involved. Therefore, I am guessing those are the failures Dynatraces identifies as failures, even though I am receiving the response.

Thank you for the clarification!

Regards