cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstart disabled on server, how do I launch dyntrace webstart client?

karthik_balasub
Newcomer

Am unable to start my webstart client (6.1) since webstart is disabled on the server. How can I enable this on the server so that I can launch my webstart client? I dont have access to the dynatrace server machines. Would it be possible for me to download a 6.1 client and then change the dyntrace server settings?

Thanks

K

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Karthik,

I think given this situation, downloading the full client and connecting to the server would be the best option. now depending on your ID permissions you may not be able to edit the webstart settings. but if you do have proper permissions you should be able to do this via the client. Hope this helps.

I downloaded 6.2 client, but it fails with the message that my Frontend server is 6.1 and hence cannot connect. What do you mean by a full client?

Thanks

K

Karthik,

My mistake by full client i meant to say the Thick client that is installed locally on your machine (ie NOT the webstart client). As for your issue, you will need to download the 6.1 version of the client since a 6.2 version client cannot connect to a lower version. Hope this helps.

I looked all over the website, for a 6.1 client download (linux or mac), but couldnt find one. Could you please point me to the download?