cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are differences between Web Requests Measures?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

i would like to know the difference and the functionality of the following types of Web requests measures. What should i use for an end-to-end purepath/transaction/service monitoring.

Web requests like;

snap1.jpg

and this below;

snap2.jpg

Br,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The ones you see on the top are mainly for use in business transactions for things such as filtering a business transaction by a specific cookie or header value, whereas the ones on the bottom (directly under web requests) are more for direct charting and alerting upon. I believe an important difference between the two is that the BT focused ones can't all be charted as they are basically stored just for constructing business transactions.

Note that when it comes to building a BT there's no reason you can't just use the standard web requests ones though it would be best to use the BT ones as that is what they are for. In several cases you'll be able to get the same behavior in a BT using either of them.

James

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks James,

I would use the Standard web requests simply because, for them you can specify/filter for which application to use other than the first ones. In the first ones, application buttons are disabled yet i would like not to use all agents but the specific ones. May be there is a way it can be done in those ones for BT instead of the Standard web requests?

1. Specifically for BT, agents are disabled( cannot select)

snap1.jpg

Standard web requests are enabled(can select any agent group/application you want)

snap2.jpg

Br,

Chris