cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can cause high wait time ? Where and How can I dig deeper ?

Hello,

I am facing a high wait time on application during load testing. The related call is made to a webservice (SOAP)

What can be the possible ways to improve the response time ?

purepath_tree_1.PNG

transaction_flow_2.jpg

purepath_details_3.jpg

Thanks.

Best Regard,

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Bouare F.

First of all look for the PurePath Hotspots and the main contributors to the transaction. 120 seconds or 2 minutes means something is configured for the timeout purpose.

Secondly, there is a huge inter-tier time between two Java apps/tiers, therefore, we will have to understand this time further during the analysis.

• Wait Total [ms]: The total wait time for executing the method call from method entry to method exit.
  • Wait [ms]: The wait time that was used for the execution of this method only, excluding wait time consumed in nested methods calls.
  • Wait %: The wait time of this method call as a percentage of the total wait time of the PurePath.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Babar Q,

Thank you for your reply.

The Wait Total[ms] equals the Wait[ms]. And The Wait method is the main contributor to the transaction and the purepath hotspot.

Best Regards,

Fousseyni B.

Hello @Bouare F.

Can you export the session of transaction/purepath and share it for the analysis?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Thanks.

I cannot share the purepath.

Best Regards,

Fousseyni B.

In general this looks like waiting for SOAP response. Until transaction went back, thread is on waiting state. If SOAP was responded fast, check how much time was taken between starting execution on your application side and reaching soap service. It may be issue with application. I suggest as well CPU sampling during loadtest.

Sebastian

Hello Sébastien,

Thank you for your reply.

After checking the SOAP service was not responding fast.

Best Regards,

Fousseyni B.

So you should check there.