cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could I see on the transaction flow screen when AD or DNS response delay occurs?

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, This is Ryotaro.

What could I see on the transaction flow screen when AD or DNS response delay occurs?

My customer wants to know how the "transaction flow" screen will be displayed when an error actually occurs.
In the past, shrink processing of Oracle conflicted with SELECT processing, and a deadlock occurred.
At that time, the response of the AD server and the DNS server was delayed , then the rebooting was performed, but it did not improve.

In the situation where the WebServerAgent (IHS) and JavaAgent (WAS) are introduced, if a similar event occurs(dead lock), I would like to know whether there will be a decision easily to doubt the DB without questioning the ”AD server” or ”DNS server”.

Best Regards

Ryotaro

3 REPLIES 3

dennis_mispelba
Inactive

Hi Ryotaro,

in my opinion, this is not directly shown in the transaction flow.

As AD and DNS servers are not monitored with AppMon, you won't see this communication normally directly. However, what you do see is the components interacting with AD/DNS. So in your API Breakdown (and also in the PurePath dashlet) you will find a lot of transactions either have a lot of "wait time" or rather (and more typically) a high IO time. The latter you will also recognize on the "Response Time Hotspots" dashlet. As said, AD and DNS are not monitored directly in AppMon, so what you will have to do is to check for the symptoms this is going to cause - those symptoms you will very well recognize in AppMon. The diagnosis that it is due to AD or DNS however still have to be done by you as a human being. This will AppMon not directly tell...

Best regards
Dennis

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Dennis

Thank you for your answer.

even in the case AD and DNS transactions are there before the web transactions,
Could I see API Breakdown (and also in the PurePath dashlet) you will find a lot of transactions either have a lot of "wait time" or rather (and more typically) a high IO time or not?

like: AD→DNS→Web→AP→DB

In the case, no way to know any information of AD and DNS right?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

Oh yes, this is correct. In your scenario AD→DNS→Web→AP→DB you are anyway monitoring down from the "Web" part and thus won't see any symptoms of AD or DNS. I was telling about a scenario such like Web→AD→AP→DB in which, e.g. the webserver would check if someone has user rights.