cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

What is the different between null() and (null) value of the same method argument ?

max_tseng1
Participant

Hi support,

For the same transaction/program/method, dynaTrace Appmon 6.5 record two case argument value : null() and (null).

What is the different between null() and (null) value of the same method argument ? What does each mean ?

5 REPLIES 5

c_schwarzbauer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

hi Max,

looks interesting, especially since the Argument value for Web Requests should usually show the URL.

could you please right-click -> Details... on both of these doFilter() nodes and show us the screenshots of this.

thx, Christian

Attached the detail of method.

ok, so based on this I would say:

• it's not the value null captured here, it's a string which contains "null"
  • there's also one or more non-printable characters, as you can see on the different line breaks, e.g. line feed ('\n') or carriage return ('\r'), but I cannot tell you which ones

bottom line: to me it looks like this AjaxFilter gets some sort of "null" string as value for the URL.

HTH, Christian

But, Why did the argument field display so different between in Purepath comparison and Purepath Method detail ?

that's a good question. I tried to reproduce it, but I could not reproduce the exact same behavior.

if you want, you can send me a session with both those PurePaths and I can try to find out more details.