cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

What user permission allows Add Dynatrace Server" (option not present in their view).

scott_a_hermans
Newcomer

I have users wanting to have Test and Prod show up in their clients at the same time and they are unable to do that at the moment.

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Permissions are received from from a server for an account once the user has connected, so there is no permission that can prevent someone from connecting to the server in the first place. A "fresh" client with no servers connected (and thus no permissions) will still be able to add new servers, and if multiple servers are connected they can each have unique set of permissions (i.e permissions from server A won't affect connections to server B).

Can you obtain screenshots from these users to confirm they are looking in the right place? Or correct me if I'm misinterpreting your question.

James

Here is a screen shot from a user. The full client doesn't have this "issue" - they were using the webstart client from Test/Prod and hence couldn't add any other servers. Any way around this?

Oh that's the issue. The webstart client by design can only be connected to the server it was downloaded from (hence not being able to add a new server). I don't believe there is anyway around this, if you need to connect to multiple servers you'll need the full client.

James

Agreed - Thank You. Solved