cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When copying a built-in BT or creating similar to built-in no results shown in the copy

courtney_j_trav
Participant

When we either straight copy a built-in BT or we re-create the built-in BT from scratch with the exact same calculate & split result settings and all other settings as the built-in BT, we don't get any results on the new copy of the Built-in BT. We were trying to create a working copy of the built-in BT to use as a template for a new BT with additional settings added. But we first wanted to test the copy to make sure all works fine same as the original built-in Any ideas why a copy or exact same re-creation of a Built-In BT would not work like the Built-In BT?

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

What type of business transaction were you trying to make a copy of? PurePaths, actions, or visits? The visit based ones may not have data immediately since they wait until visits are completed which can be some time after the BT was created which often causes confusion and a lack of data at first.

Apart from that in my experience a direct copy should work. If you have any details about what BTs you're trying to copy and how you are testing them that would help.

James

Thanks for the fast reply James K. I suspected that at first too but here for the Built-In BT "WebService by Method" for example, the copy was made an hour ago and still no data in the copy. The original Built-In however does have data when going back that same hour. Both are set to calculate business transactions by server-side purepaths. I've tried a straight copy of the built-in and also have tried creating from scratch copying same settings from the built-in BT into the new BT.

Hm, I don't have any ideas of what could be the issue. I made a copy and immediately it was being populated:

I'd wait to see if anyone else has some input but other than that might need a support case to dig into it. Note that I'm running the latest 7.0 release.

If you can maybe browse the logs to see if there is anything that jumps out.