cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using the Dynatrace start / stop script in another operation script

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi,this is Ryotaro

When using the Dynatrace start / stop script in another operation script, I think that the start/stop processing time will vary depending on the environment and the situation at that time.

how should I setting command in another operation script after using the Dynatrace start / stop script ?

■(add wait command for XX time)
■(In dynatrace log, after following the message "~shutdown complete", then contenue next step.)

If I should choose log's way, Please tell me which log messages should I choose for checking start complete and shtdown complete?

Iwant to know about JavaAgent,WebserverAgent and HostmonitoringAgent.
If you can, DTServer and DTCollector as well.

BestRegards

Ryotaro

1 REPLY 1

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ryotaro,

the easiest is the Java Agent, it doesn't exist as a separate process but runs inside the monitored jvm as a jvmti agent.

For the host and webserver agent services, they have normally started up when the script returns, but depending on what you want to do next, you may want to sleep for a second.

The collectors and servers can take a long time to start up and have several implicit run-time levels. It depends on what you want to do with your other scripts and what you consider "started up" to mean for you.

1. The jvm process has started: you'll see a .pid file in the configured location (default is installation folder)

2. The osgi has finished loading and our own code starts executing: look for log line

INFO [Bootstrapper] Dynatrace <whatever> starting up...

3. Most important services have started and the ports are open: look for log line

INFO [ServerBundleActivator] Starting server took: <number> s

or

INFO [Collector] Collector started.

4. Everything works: Don't think there's a relevant log line for this state.

For shutdown: check if the .pid files have been deleted. Hope that helps, best regards,

Peter