cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the PurePaths? :)

melissa_hubbard
Organizer

I instrumented a set of JVMs today. I see in the Agents Overview, the "total PurePath count" at 4000+, total Skipped Events/PurePaths both show 0. When I go to the PurePaths dashlet (with a filter set to those JVMs) over the last 24 hrs - nothing appears. I've clicked on the little gear icon to show processing PurePaths, but still nothing. Am I going nuts? Is there another trick to find these hiding PurePaths?

Thanks in advance!!

5 REPLIES 5

melissa_hubbard
Organizer

Nevermind! see, I am nuts!!! I restarted client and all is good now. Should have tried that first - when in doubt, reboot. 🙂 Wish I could remove this question from the forum.

In the future, I'm betting there was some additional filter that somehow got included in addition to your agent filter which can happen when doing drilldowns and such so my practice when I am getting empty results is to start by resetting the filters to defaults and starting new - restarting the client will essentially do this as well. Glad it's working now!

James

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Have you tried opening the purepaths dashlet from the the profile seen in this screenshot?

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you open up a transaction flow do you see these new agents/JVMs reflected there? And if so can you drill down to them from there? I would expect the filter like you describe to work but this should be a way to see if those PurePaths are actually there.

I'm assuming the new agents' statuses in the agents overview is all green correct?

EDIT - looks like it's all good now!

James

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

No worries. We all have these moments when we crave for PurePaths but we cant find them. Good news is: they are there! we stored them for you! for a long time! All is good! 🙂