cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't you select a collector group for executing a monitor

cwentwo1
Inactive

We are using AppMon 6.5. We have a large number of URL and SOAP monitors set up for availability monitoring. I have 2 collectors set up in a collector group specifically for monitoring. (ie. no agents use these collectors) When setting up the Schedule for a monitor, why do I not have an option to select a collector group rather than a specific collector? If I select 1 of the collectors in the group, if it goes down will the monitor automatically run on the other collector? I want to make sure my monitors will still run if 1 of the collectors goes down. Anyone aware of how this works?

Thank you,

Cathy Wentworth

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The collector groups only are designed for failover and load-balancing of agents, there is no way to use them for running monitors. At the moment there isn't an option to have any sort of failover for monitors - I don't see any existing RFEs/ideas so feel free to post that so it can be considered for future releases. I do see the value in that.

James

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Cathy,

Almost a similar RFE was opened in the past so you can open the below link and votes for this feature.

https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/187048/view.html

Regards,

Babar

cwentwo1
Inactive

Thank you James and Babar for your quick responses. I didn't see the RFE previously - it does sound like exactly the same issue we have. I've voted this up. However, I am wondering if this will actually be seen as an RFE because the statement starts REF: rather than RFE.

As long as it's in the "ideas" forums they'll see it. "RFE" is actually somewhat of a legacy term from a while ago so they don't look explicitly for that.

Great - Thanks James.