cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Why does "Web Requests Comparision Dashlet " shows difference in time spent ?

Vaquar_Shaikh
Participant

Hello,

There is a comparison dashlet - "web request" feature for which I am using two stored sessions. I see huge difference in "Total Avg[ms]" as well as "Total Sum[ms]"". These stored sessions has dynatrace specific headers identifying test iterations separate from other transactions.

Why such difference ? especially when the code base is same on the server and the test iterations ran couple of hours apart.

Appreciate your time.

Vaquar

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Are you referring to AppMon (this is the Dynatrace forum)? Did you drill into the requests or look at any of the hotspots dashlets to see where time is being spent?

I am using Dynatrace Client 7.0. Drill down via PurePath shows difference timings for CPU and IO but I am not able to why different time ? See attachedpurepathcompare.png

Please let me know if I should post this question is other forum.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Looking at your screenshot what immediately stands out is that in the poorer performance PurePaths the database query time is significantly longer. In the faster one the one query is taking 3 ms and in the longer one it is taking 25 ms. The code is the same and even the app server may be in the same state but the time on the database is longer.

Thank you James for confirming. I agree, since database is the only dependency, there always will be some differences. Is there any approach where I can find code related discrepancy using Load Tests ?