cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Perfmon Process\% User Time Counter

bpgrady
Contributor

I have a request from an application group to incorporate a measure of the % User Time from all available processes on a server where we have dynaTrace active. The goal is to identify the consuming processes should the server spike due to something we do not have an agent attached too.

I have read and are able to add customer perfmon counters to both the Windows Performance Monitor and adding these measures to a system profile, but I can't for the life of me figure out the correct configuration to capture the individual % user time of all running processes.  Static processes I can add as a measure as I know the instance to measure, but when I try to subscripe to the entierity of the object, just a count of processes are returned.  I need the individual process and % User time reported.  Anyone have a similar request?  Were you able to resolve it using dynaTrace or was another tool used to answer the question?

Thanks,

-Brian

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You should look into this plugin: Re: Top Process Monitoring Plugin

richard_boyd22
Inactive

Hi Brian,

There is a measure available called ".Net Processor Time (User)" available for this

Misread your post, sorry.

Rick B