I have a Custom Network Bytes Total/sec measure that keeps returning 0 even though when I check the server, the counter always has a value > 0. I'm not sure why it's happening, it's only happening with Network Adapter objects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here's the Measure Configuration:
Thanks in advance.
I always try to chart Windows Perf Counters through the Windows Monitor tool that comes with Windows. That allows me to validate if these Perf Counters actually work - PLUS - the tool also gives me the correct name of the counter
If you want to chart the Network Bytes Sent/Received/Total I dont think you need to go the route via Windows Perf Counters. Dynatrace will automatically capture this data for you anyway. Try to create a chart, add a measure and explore the network measures under System Monitoring -> Host Performance
Thanks for the reply Andi. I did use perfmon.exe to identify the exact counter that i needed. Network Bytes doesn't work because the interface I need was not listed under it, it worked previously but new NIC's were installed on that server and they appear under Network Adapter.
When I run the command "typeperf -sc 1 "<server>\Network Adapter(<NIC>)\Bytes Total/sec" it returns proper values but when I use the the Monitor it returns 0.0, not a failure, but a 0.