cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Confidential information

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, this is Ryotaro

In DT Server, Confidential information can be masked by the Server setting.

I want to know about When I setting mask the data, the pure path data which hold the DTserver is masked?

or just musked on client?

I want to know about we have to care about DT server has the production data or not.

Best regards

Ryotaro Natsume

3 REPLIES 3

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Ryotaro,

The PurePath information in the Performance Warehouse that contains confidential strings is usually stripped out.

To get a better understand of how this works, I would recommend you check out this page from our documentation -> https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

For any security concerns that might come up as well, I would recommend you refer to our Security and Compliance Whitepaper -> https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ari

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi,Ari

Thank you for your reply.

In the documentation, I can see the data have all information, then the masking function depends on user permission.
so, If I logged in dynatrace Client by admin user, I can see the all information include the confidential information, right?
so I think the DT server having data include the confidential information.

My understand is right? or not?

Best regards

Ryotaro Natsume

c_schwarzbauer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

hi Ryotaro,

you're correct, the AppMon Server does have the confidential information, it is *not* stripped out by the Agent. this way it is also possible to decide based on user permissions, if somebody is allowed to see them.

technically this means, that the session storage on the AppMon Server persists the confidential information. the performance warehouse does not matter in this regard, as it only stores timeseries, but no PurePath data at all.

however, when you export sessions via the AppMon Client, you can select if confidential data should be removed. if you select yes, then the resulting exported PurePath session will *not* contain the confidential information any longer.

HTH, Christian