Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about UEM in dynaTrace6.3 Sizing_Calculator

dt_its3-1
Inactive

Hi,

This is Ryotaro.

In the dynaTrace6.3 Sizing_Calculator, it have the Column "Estimated average number of static resources per transaction".

I can understand about the transactions from External (amount of visit) will be 8 times from the default, when I using UEM.

■How about Internal processing transaction?
 I think don't have to 8 times from the default though.
 Is it correct or not?

The customer want to reduce resources as much as possible for dynaTrace Server.

so I have to find good way to reduce resources. thank you.

best regards
Ryotaro

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Ryotaro,

Please find the following accurate description about static resources:

UEM Considerations

If you use UEM, review the static resources.

Are static resources delivered by the web server? If yes, this leads to a higher number of transactions with only one node. A typical web request contains some 40 static resources, 80 percent of which are cached. As a result, the number of transactions per second is increased, but the average number of nodes per PurePath is lowered due to the caching. Within a UEM environment, the average Nodes per PurePath are estimated with the following formula:

(Transactions per Day * average Nodes per PurePath + Static Resources requested per Day) / (Transactions per Day + Static Resources requested per Day).

Regards,

Babar

Hi, Babar

Thank you for your answer.

However, sorry for I'm not good at english, I'm not sure yet...
I will explaine more information for my case.

I want to know about "Transactions caused by the estimated avg. number of static resources" in sizing tool.

The number of that means transactions/day , but it is 8 times of the num of transactions which from dynatrace client, that I looked at business transactions > web requests > the number of web requests.
(I also checked transaction flow > the total number of transactions, but it was little than web-requests.)

■Does the number of web-requests from dynatrace client already include the transactions caused by avg.number of static resources?

・I mean, If "yes", I don't have to more 8 times to the transactions right?
(51,580,686per/day ) (Medium) [Java12 Web:8]

・If "no" I have to 8times for the transaction, but it need so huge environment.

Is it really need a XLarge environment?
(51,580,686per/day → 412,645,488 per/day) (XLarge) [Java12 Web:8]

best regards
Ryotaro

Hello Ryotaro,

Let me answer your questions from the same description and might be it helps to understand the concept of static resources.

Does the number of web-requests from dynatrace client already include the transactions caused by avg.number of static resources?

Are static resources delivered by the web server?

• This leads to a higher number of transactions with only one node. A typical web request contains some 40 static resources, 80 percent of which are cached.

I also checked transaction flow > the total number of transactions, but it was little than web-requests.

• As a result, the number of transactions per second is increased, but the average number of nodes per PurePath is lowered due to the caching.

According to above description the environment should be medium with the 12 Java and 8 Web Server agents.

In the below link there are recommended sizing requirements and related information for typical customer environments.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT65/Customer+Environment+Examples

Regards,

Babar

dt_its3-1
Inactive

Hi, Babar

Thank you for your quick reply!

I think that is make sense

Thankyou for your answer, I will explain and tell our customer to using the Medium environmens.

Thank you!

best regards
Ryotaro