cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about session data of hostmonitoring agent

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, this is Ryotaro.

I want to ask about session data of hostmonitoring agent.

last time, I asked how can I get the sessiondata of hostmonitoring agents.

then I got the answer, I should see the host information by "Monitoring" of "infrastructure" screen.

I could not see the hostmonitoring agents in session data of "Monitoring" at "infrastructure" screen on test environment.

it mean, I have to when I see the host information, "Monitoring dashboard" of "infrastructure" screen, right?

Best Regards

Ryotaro

3 REPLIES 3

dennis_mispelba
Inactive

Hi Ryotaro,

you can "see" the connected host monitoring agent in the "Agent overview" dashlet - which shows all connected agents to the appmon profile.

The data the host monitoring agents are capturing: that is correct, you should see it in the "Monitoring" dashboard (and then selecting the respective system profile in the blue stripe [AppMon v6.5+]) or generally within the Infrastructure view (from the cockpit).

Host monitoring agents will "only" pickup: CPU, Memory, Network and Disk metrics of the respective host.

Best regards
Dennis

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi, Dennis

thank you for your answer.

So, in other words,the host monitoring agent information is invisible in session data and it should be seen "real-time information" from the "Monitoring dashboard" screen, right?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Ryotaro

No, that is not correct. you can either check them "real-time" or afterwards. In the end of the day those host metrics are "measures" in AppMon, which means they are stored in performance warehouse - and that means you can access them for a long time (it gets aggregated over time, check performance warehouse settings).